Battle for the Ashes by Audiogenic was a budget release of Graham Gooch World Class Cricket for the 1993 Ashes series. It is restricted to just the England and Australia squads but gameplay is identical to Graham Gooch World Class Cricket.
Send feedback about Battle for the Ashes.
Aroosh Sohi says
1) When a fast bowler is bowling at you and he pitches the ball short of length and the speed bar is less then half (half of the full strength) then try getting outside the leg stump with the bat in line with line of the ball and hit a straight drive (numpad - 1). The ball will most probably go for a six.
2) Again when a fast bowler bowls a short delivery but at full pace at the leg stump,then get outside the leg stump and try hitting a square cut (numpad - 7 for right hander and numpad - 9 for left hander). The ball will most probably go for a four. This can be used efficiently to score runs during the last few overs as in very rare cases you may be caught in the slips.
3) When spin bowlers are bowling and they bowl comparatively short of length, (in the centre of the pitch) no matter where he pitches the ball at the leg stump or at the off-stump the batsman must get in line with the ball and press the key 9 and 7 on the numpad for a right hander and a left hander respectively. The ball probably will go for 6 or a 4 if the batsman has stayed at the crease for at least two overs that he is well set. If you implement this method right from the first ball you face there are chances of you getting out.
When bowling use swing bowlers bowl short of a length well outside the off stump and swing (full strength bar) the ball in to the batsman who will regularly shoulder arms and be bowled.
Yaju Arya says - Select any type of bowler, bowl very short aiming straight at the Batsman with the lowest speed and lowest spin or swing. Most of the time the Batsman won't be able to hit or will be LBW or will be catched by the slips.
Amit Chand says - When playing against computer, put your fielders very close to the batsman. The computer seems to have very poor running decision making. Most of the time, you can make them run themsleves out.
Arijit Sen supplied the following hints.
To get the batsman in trouble with fast bowlers
1) Bowl a full toss at full speed. The batsman could be out bowled or L.B.W.
To get the batsman in trouble with spinners
1) Bowl a yorker length delivery and spin it to the wicket. The batsman might
To get slip catches
1) For swing bowlers - Place the ball right outside offstump of the batsman.
Then bowl a medium speed outswing. The batsman could chase the ball and edge and your slip
fielders could catch it.
Colin Bense supplied the following cheat. When the toss happens it doesn't matter if you choose heads or tails but as soon as the coin is flipped press 1 and you will automatically win the toss.
Vidyuth Srinivas supplied the following cheat. If when bowling the computer looks to have hit a 4 or when batting you are about to be run out press the Esc key and it will be ignored. You have to press the Esc key before the umpire signalling 4 or fielder running you out animation is shown for the result to be ignored.
Audiogenic - developers of Battle for the Ashes.
Saturday, 16 March 2013.